Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tetnus Injections?

I had a tetnus injection at school on Monday morning.
I'm just wondering as my arm is really sore from it andI have a lump underneath my skin that is probably 3cms wide.
I was just wondering if this is normal?Tetnus Injections?
yeah that's normal. you should have received a pamphlet when you got your shot detailing what tetanus was and how you get it. The pamphlet also contains side effect info of the injections which include the soreness and lump at the injection site. I just had one about two months ago as part of my physical and I too had the lump and soreness for about 4 days so don,t worry about OK.
Injections can cause that kind of things...check with you doc.
it is response of your body on vaccine, the purpose of vaccination is to enable to recognize tetanus toxin,and body produces TT antibodies...lump is probably a lymph node

No comments:

Post a Comment