Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Swollen body parts, sore throat and hives?

a couple of nights ago my arms and palms broke out into hives, then my face swelled up really badly and it didn't go down until the next day. I was fine yesterday and then again today I broke out in hives on my arms, palms and bottoms of my feet. Now my eye is swollen and my throat is sore. What the heck is going on? I haven't changed anything i've been doing, no new foods, soaps or anything that could cause it.Swollen body parts, sore throat and hives?
This sounds like a classic allergic reaction to me.
Although you haven't changed any of the things you mentioned, it seems possible that you developed an allergy to one or more of them.
I'd go with benedryl for now, and phone the doc in the morning. This is nothing to fool around with.
Hang in there,
~M~
need a doctor
Myabe you are having a severe allergic reaction to something. You need to see a doctor because If your throat swells up you won't be able to breathe.
Definately an allergy probably to something growing outdoors. Pollen counts are high and lots of people having problems.
If you feel like you cant breathe very well, or start to feel really ill go to the doctor!! This can be serious.
OTC benadryl may make you feel much better.
With these symptoms it may be a good idea to check with your doc anyway and see if you can find out what it is -then you can start charting pollen counts(the weather channel.com) and will know when you need to take your medications to avoid further outbreaks.
If you are acting normally and if nothing has bitten you (snake,bee etc.), it sounds like you are through an allergy. But I highly recommend you to see a doctor,you need medicine and he may give you sots in order to calm down the swelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment