Saturday, October 23, 2010

Stomach surgery?

Ok, when I was about 11 months old I had emergency surgery on my stomach because one of my intestines burst. After the surgery I had a "bag" attached to me where I would use the washroom for a short time. Now I'm 24 and 7 weeks pregnant and I need to know what that surgery is called to tell the doctor. My mother can't find the paperwork and doesn't really remember the name since it was so long ago. And what I'm explaining to the doctors doesn't seem to help.
Does anyone know what this surgery would be called?Stomach surgery?
Go to Gastroenterologist,and explain as you explain here,he will understand,I understand you,but I can't tell you real name(it' different in different countries and I am from Serbia).
I wish you good luck and sweet baby!
If it involved your large intestine it's a colonoscopy.
If the small intestines illeostomy.
The opening is called a stoma.
it would help if you knew which part of the intestine was affected. a lot of babies has whats called interceception, its when the intestine telescopes if you will inside its-self or you had a blockage, or a rupture would be a ruptured---------, depending on which part was affected. consult the hospital where the surgery occurred and/or talk to an gastroenterologist, a bowel/g.i. doctor. they specialize in this area of the body and explain this to them. they can help. good luck in your quest.

No comments:

Post a Comment