Saturday, October 23, 2010

Skin picking?

I have OCD in the form of skin picking. its a real condition, that most people have ever heard of. this is much worse than normal OCD because it causes you to have either big red scabs on yourself and/or lots of scars. I am looking for people who have heard of this befor or have had to deal with it themselves. if you have dealt with this befor please tell me how. i have already spoken to my doctor about this problem, i have medication for it, i dont feel like it works and i dont like the side effects. Can anyone help?Skin picking?
I know exactly how you feel. For the past 5 years i've dealt with the same thing. My skin picking interferred with everything- i'd stay home for weeks at times. I'm not sure about you, but for me it was my face only.
It didn't help out that I resisted getting help. When I did visit my doctor, it seemed as if nothing worked.
So far i've gone about half a month without even touching my face. How? Pure willpower. It's hard, I know. I finally realized that this isn't what I want. You have to interrupt your thought cycle- before you pick ask yourself: "will this be any good for me in the long run?". What has it earned you before? Nothing. Take a deep breath and do something else. Write a note to yourself explaining why you want to stop. Whenever you feel the urge to pick, pull it out and read it first.
This is the stuff that's helped me escape my picking... Good luck!
You need to discuss this with your docor.
You need to tell him it's not working for you so he can change the medicine.
It sounds like you have trichotilimania (sp?).

No comments:

Post a Comment