Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Swallowing pills...?

when it comes to medicine, i have trouble swallowing pills. i am afraid for some reason. whats a good way of learning how to swallow pills. liquid medicine just taste to disgusting. one thing someone told me once was trying swallowing those "baby mms"Swallowing pills...?
My daughter used to have the same problem with pills, no matter what the size. We tried all sorts of things and were told by our paediatrician to try giving her the pills wrapped in a piece of bread and butter! Well, it worked. She had no trouble swallowing the pill buried in a small piece of bread and butter ... usually with some kind of liquid like juice, milk or even water.
Give it a try and see if it works for you.
I forever stuck them waaaay back in my throat before taking a gulp of water. Now I just wash them down like I would food.
Put them in a spoon of pudding or applesauce and then swallow.
I had this problem and solved it by taking the pills with tomato juice. It's slippery, and thick, and so the back of my tongue can't feel the pill go past.

No comments:

Post a Comment