Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Suppressing your sex drive, would antidepressants help?

I'd like to eliminate my sex drive completely. I'm thinking of asking the doctor to prescribe me an SSRI antidepressant to help do this. My question is two parts.
1. Would this help to eliminate my sex drive to almost nil?
and
2. Do you think the doctor would prescribe me one for this reason?Suppressing your sex drive, would antidepressants help?
You should talk to your doctor about this. He/She will be able to give answers to all your questions, that's what they went to school for!
get married.
Umm, maybe you could it without the use of medication. Have you thought of seeing a psychologist first? Other than that I don't know. Sorry, I wasnt much help
You may find a quack that you give you a "scrip", but your problems will just be beginning if you follow that route! Trust me. To curb your "sex-drive" - is not normal. To learn to "control" your sex drive is. So I am suggesting to you to take some classes if "emotional management" or go to the library and start reading up on how to manage your "emotions". There are many excellent books on the subject. Not that I know of any specifically for your needs. But do not, and I repeat, Do Not, start taking any type of medication, as the side effects will be worse then the problem you have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment