Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tanned skin and offspring?

Hello all.
I was wondering if someone may be able to help me with a query that randomly popped into my head.
Considering childrens' appearances are a result of genes of the biological mother and father, does the tanning or darkening of the skin due to the sun influence the pigmentation of a new-born child. For example, if the parents were born with "white" skin but their skin darkened through tanning, would the child's skin reflect the original skin colour of the parents or the latter effect of the tanning of the skin.
Thank you.Tanned skin and offspring?
Original skin colour. Becuz if u stop tanning, u go back to white. A tan is the layers of skin being darkened, it doesnt alter ur dna. Once ur skin exfoliates, the face being the fastest of course, u lose some of ur tan. Stop tanning for about 4 months and u will be as white as u were before u started. Approximately every 28 days u have a full body exfoliation, so about 3-4 months and u've shed all 3 layers of tanned skin.
I was an avid tanner when I got pregnant, and my son is just as pastey white as I was before I started tanning. Good question! =)
It is whatever skin color you were born with that affects your children. If you have brown hair but you dye it blonde your still going to have brown haired children.

No comments:

Post a Comment